A native of Chicago, Gaurav Sharma came to California for law school and stayed. Mr. Sharma’s practice specializes in civil litigation. This includes representing clients in claims for unfair business practices, the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the Consumer Legal Remedies Act, Automobile Sales Finance Act, misrepresentation, fraud and bond liability. He has extensive experience in working with lenders and sureties under the relevant contracts to address the specific indemnity issues involved between those parties and the dealers. He provides counseling to his clients on ADA compliance. Mr. Sharma also advises automobile dealers on a variety of employment and consumer litigation matters.
As part of his litigation practice, he represents members of the construction industry in construction defect claims and personal injury matters. As part of that, he brings his experience with contractual indemnity obligations to assess liability and assure the proper parties are brought into the litigation in the manner most advantageous to his clients.
Mr. Sharma received his undergraduate degree from the University of Rochester and his Juris Doctor from Santa Clara University School of Law.
- State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- Santa Clara County Bar Association